As I was playing a bit with NS7 (Or should I say Symantec Management Console) and Inventory I found a new report in the right click menu action of a resource called Installed Software on on the left side of the Resoucemanager.
First thing I did was deploying the Inventory Plug-in and I launched a task to get the inventory. When I then clicked the resource and opened the report it was empty (No result).
So i analyzed the report and it uses the Add/Remove Program information. But...other then Inventory Solution 6.X this information is now collected by the Software Management Framework Agent. This plug in is part of the core Agent.
Only...Software Discovery will run at 02H00...and then my VMWare is/was not running...So for those who are in a hurry on getting some information you need to change the Software Discovery Task schedule to run when you want.
After that this report is displaying some results.
No comments:
Post a Comment