28 July 2009

Windows 7 and Rdeploy (My story…)

What did I do….

I installed my Windows 7 in a virtual environment …Just a next, next, finish setup.
I then then run sysprep (c:\windows\systems32\sysprep). I chose OOBE with the Generalize option.
I did not create a sysprep.XML to continue…(I was still downloading the WAIK to create an XML).

W7From Image-2009-07-27-23-58-14

So after the sysprep was finished my PC was shutdown. I took an image using Ghost and one with Rdeploy.

W7From Image-2009-07-28-00-16-07

It will take about 10 min (in my virtual setup).

When I boot the PC it will return an error like this.

W7From Image-2009-07-28-00-31-35

When I start my WINPE again and I run bcdedit then my drive looks like this:

image

I now run these commands in a script in the WIN PE environment (same as Ghost and Rdeploy):

BCDEDIT /set {bootmgr} device partition:c:
BCDEDIT /set {default} device partition:d:
BCDEDIT /set {default} osdevice partition:d:

Running these command will fix the error you get. Making the image boot again.

No comments: